Question

Summer Conferences? We'll send swag 😎

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
  • Employee
  • 27 replies

Hope this message finds you icy drink in hand. 🍹

Is anyone planning to showcase Goosechase at upcoming conferences in North America this August and September? Whether you’re planning the whole thing, presenting tech tools, or just want to run an Experience for fellow attendees, we want to support with swag and an upgrade.

Let me know what’s in the books for this summer and we’ll talk! 👇🏻

35 replies

Userlevel 1

Not in August or September, however I just had an abstract accepted for a poster presentation (Building Connections Early: Student-led development of orientation activities to launch a learning communities program”) in October and I will definitely be sharing how we used Goosechase to orient our incoming medical students with their new learning communities. It was amazing!!!

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Not in August or September, however I just had an abstract accepted for a poster presentation (Building Connections Early: Student-led development of orientation activities to launch a learning communities program”) in October and I will definitely be sharing how we used Goosechase to orient our incoming medical students with their new learning communities. It was amazing!!!

Congrats, how exciting!! And we’re happy to send you swag even in October! 

Userlevel 1

I would love that and would love to be able to share swag with participants! I’m 100% Team Goosechase!

Hi, I am running an experience that started on July 1 and runs through August 31 for the high school students at Bishop Fenwick in MA. I invested in the game to keep our students reading and connected to one another over the summer. The game is themed around a summer reading, which the whole school must complete before the end of the summer, so I thought having the students play Goosechase missions about the book would be a good opportunity to keep them engaged with the book and one another over the summer as they earn points to win points for prizes. The game has been running for about 2 weeks, and the kids are loving it. It’s become super competitive! 120 students are playing as of today, and more seem to trickle in each day. I am offering prizes for gift card drawings along the way for students who have collected enough points to be included in drawings, but my students would be so excited for Goosechase swag if you can spare any!  What would be the best way for us to connect? If you have access to the games, feel free to check out Bishop Fenwick Summer One Read for The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King. The kids really are having fun and it shows in the mission responses. :-) 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Is anyone planning to showcase Goosechase at upcoming conferences this August and September? Whether you’re planning the whole thing, presenting tech tools, or just want to run an Experience for fellow attendees, we want to support with swag and an upgrade.

What timing! I was just about to reach out to you folks. I’ll be presenting, engage with Goosechase, at our local Itecs conference August 10 in Owosso, Michigan

https://sites.google.com/ccresa.org/itecs/home

I expect no more than 30 attendees in my session. I would love to have stickers, and, if possible, one free upgrade subscription. Let me know if you don’t have my address on hand.

Best wishes to you and all in this community.

Eric Bentley 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I would love that and would love to be able to share swag with participants! I’m 100% Team Goosechase!

If you could email me a few weeks before, that should give us enough time to get a package sorted and out the door :) mia@goosechase.com

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi, I am running an experience that started on July 1 and runs through August 31 for the high school students at Bishop Fenwick in MA. I invested in the game to keep our students reading and connected to one another over the summer. The game is themed around a summer reading, which the whole school must complete before the end of the summer, so I thought having the students play Goosechase missions about the book would be a good opportunity to keep them engaged with the book and one another over the summer as they earn points to win points for prizes. The game has been running for about 2 weeks, and the kids are loving it. It’s become super competitive! 120 students are playing as of today, and more seem to trickle in each day. I am offering prizes for gift card drawings along the way for students who have collected enough points to be included in drawings, but my students would be so excited for Goosechase swag if you can spare any!  What would be the best way for us to connect? If you have access to the games, feel free to check out Bishop Fenwick Summer One Read for The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King. The kids really are having fun and it shows in the mission responses. :-) 

How amazing is this! As a team of self-professed bookworms, we’d be all over a reading Experience. If you can email me at mia@goosechase.com, we’ll get you sorted :)

Hi, 

I will be running a New Faculty training for my school by using Goosechase to get to know each other and the space at school. It would be great if we can give some swags for teachers too and love to hear any new update about Goosechase app!

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi, 

I will be running a New Faculty training for my school by using Goosechase to get to know each other and the space at school. It would be great if we can give some swags for teachers too and love to hear any new update about Goosechase app!

Hi Ms. Hsieh, how exciting! Send me an email at mia@goosechase.com, and we’ll see what we can do! 🎉

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello Mia, 

I will be hosting a how-to for using Goosechase in STEM classes in September at the Arizona Science Center. I’d love to be able to provide any extra goosechase materials alongside my presentation. 

I am planning our New Staff Orientation days this year.  On August 7th, we are setting up a goosechase for our mentees to learn and tour our district.  There are 35 new staff members ranging from K-12 as well as our online school that will be participating.  I would love to get these teachers some swag if possible.  Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

These are all great uses of Goosechase! Thanks @paulikl @slschmeck @Ms Hsieh @Acmcdaniel119 @dherrin313 🙂

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hello Mia, 

I will be hosting a how-to for using Goosechase in STEM classes in September at the Arizona Science Center. I’d love to be able to provide any extra goosechase materials alongside my presentation. 

Awesome!! Email me at mia@goosechase.com and we can get the ball rolling!

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I am planning our New Staff Orientation days this year.  On August 7th, we are setting up a goosechase for our mentees to learn and tour our district.  There are 35 new staff members ranging from K-12 as well as our online school that will be participating.  I would love to get these teachers some swag if possible.  Thank you!

Wonderful! If you could email me at mia@goosechase.com with mailing details, we’ll get you sorted.

Userlevel 1

Our staff first day includes a grade level/department competition! Faculty will complete missions during their lunch in hopes to win coveted “Goosechase Trophy” to be displayed in their hallway trophy case.

I have been using goosechase all summer at my conferences to showcase our vendor hall and I have 2 more coming up in August. In our vendor hall, we used to create a bingo card that they would punch out each vendors logo as they visited their booth. This wasn't creating meaningful conversations or interactions so I switched it up and we went digital with GooseChase. Each vendor has a mission that includes their BIO and at least 1 action step that gives them points towards our door prize giveaway. The more a vendor pays, the more points their mission is worth. I have implemented this system 5 times so far and the feedback from my vendors and participants has been wonderful. Everyone is really happy with the new system and on August the 10th, I will be using it for our biggest conference of the year with up to 750 participants! 

Hey all! We used Goosechase last year for an experience we led for learners at our big state conference in February. We’d love to partner with Goosechase (even if it isn’t Summer). We did two versions- one for student participants to learn about the event and location and one for educators to encourage them to talk to the different presenters and get hands on and try the strategies out. It worked great and we had prizes for the winners!

We are kicking off a Goosechase event in October for Red Ribbon week for our high school students. they can work in teams to earn points toward gift cards. The students will have to complete missions around drug prevention themes and upload funny pictures or videos of their completed task. They have never had an event like this and we anticipate that this will be innovative and fun rather than delivering drug and science facts or having a school assembly about the dangers of poor choices. We know that developing positive school climate and providing fun substance-free activities is the best way to engage our teens. Any help with prizes and swag to reward our participants will help kick-off this quacky, crazy adventure!

Is anyone planning to showcase Goosechase at upcoming conferences this August and September? Whether you’re planning the whole thing, presenting tech tools, or just want to run an Experience for fellow attendees, we want to support with swag and an upgrade.

Hi Mia,

I am planning a Goosechase for our Districts New Staff Orientation Week at the end of August. We would love to share any Swag with our new teachers as prizes and promotional materials for their use of Goosechase too! Thank you for your generosity :)

Hi Mia,

We are using Goosechase during a breakout session at our all-district inservice next week.  We are excited and would love some swag to motivate everyone! I would also like to have an upgrade for the teacher who is presenting it to the staff!

Thanks, Gal!

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Our staff first day includes a grade level/department competition! Faculty will complete missions during their lunch in hopes to win coveted “Goosechase Trophy” to be displayed in their hallway trophy case.

The trophy alone is sure to be plenty of motivation! Email me at mia@goosechase.com, maybe we can help with some stickers and pens for bonus winners. :) 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I have been using goosechase all summer at my conferences to showcase our vendor hall and I have 2 more coming up in August. In our vendor hall, we used to create a bingo card that they would punch out each vendors logo as they visited their booth. This wasn't creating meaningful conversations or interactions so I switched it up and we went digital with GooseChase. Each vendor has a mission that includes their BIO and at least 1 action step that gives them points towards our door prize giveaway. The more a vendor pays, the more points their mission is worth. I have implemented this system 5 times so far and the feedback from my vendors and participants has been wonderful. Everyone is really happy with the new system and on August the 10th, I will be using it for our biggest conference of the year with up to 750 participants! 

Awesome, we love hearing when Goosechase is used like a virtual “passport”! :) If you can email me at mia@goosechase.com with mailing info, we’d be happy to send some swag your way.

Our Fall Kick-Off is right around the corner! Educators from around our region will join us to kick off the year and disrupt the norm. We have also built in a time for team-building and we’re using Goose chase! Here’s the link to our page: https://www.esc16.net/apps/pages/fko

I will be working with new teachers exposing them to a variety of new technology.  I will have a goosechase set up to have them meet leaders in our building.  Then I will teach them how to set up a goosechase for their students.  Swag would be great for new teachers!

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey all! We used Goosechase last year for an experience we led for learners at our big state conference in February. We’d love to partner with Goosechase (even if it isn’t Summer). We did two versions- one for student participants to learn about the event and location and one for educators to encourage them to talk to the different presenters and get hands on and try the strategies out. It worked great and we had prizes for the winners!

👏 That is awesome, so glad Goosechase was part of your state conference! Is your next event at the same time in 2024?