🔴 Watch Recording: Crafting an Accessible Culture, One Feather at a Time

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Let’s discuss how Museums can actively promote an accessible culture within their teams and exhibits. Discover how to leverage industry standards and accessibility principles to guide decision-making and go beyond mere compliance.

Join me, a passionate mobile engineer and accessibility advocate, alongside our Goosechase Community Manager, @Craig Cordell, on Wednesday, May 22, 1:00 PM - 1:45 PM EST, for an engaging conversation on building an inclusive museum culture. Please take a moment to RSVP to our event!

Not sure where to start? Check out my blog article on how we’ve fostered a culture of accessibility at Goosechase.

Feel free to drop any questions or specific topics you’re curious about below.

See you soon!

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@EleHein I know you were excited about this event! I hope you are able to make it!

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Harmony I wouldn’t miss it! So looking forward to this event :) 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

We’re one week away from our next community event with my awesome flockmate @Harmony!

How do you create an accessible culture with your team?

@AmandaMorton85 @wfrench @kwylie @Bryant Museum @Grace Schmidt @EleHein @Katrina13 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

🔴 Missed the event? You can watch the recording here 👇 

A huge thank you @Harmony for sharing her knowledge on accessibility with us! Lookout for the presentation deck in this thread 🧵 along with all the resources and links Harmony shared in her presentation.

What was your biggest takeaway from the event? 🤔 

@alanassc @Jessie MB Children's Museum @Katrina13 @EleHein @Darnall's Chance @Bryant Museum 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Since this event, I’ve been reflecting on Harmony’s background that has an intersection between accessibility and digital spaces. Digital access could be so easy to overlook, and the discussion has me thinking about the ways in which our website could be improved upon, as well as our physical space and opportunities. I’ve been exploring our own website with new perspective and have noticed how many of our accommodations require the guest to take action (i.e. calling 2 weeks ahead of time for an interpreter to be arranged for public programs), and I think it would be amazing if we could work to minimize that (i.e. having a commitment to have an interpreter on-site, regardless of whether or not a request was made). There is so much more to consider, too, but that in particular has been sitting with me. Thanks again @Harmony! And thanks @Craig Cordell for organizing yesterday’s event and @Katrina13 for the amazing insight into your own sustainable accessibility practices!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

It was so amazing speaking to everyone yesterday. I truly love sharing my passion for accessibility and want to thank @Craig Cordell for reaching out to me! 

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any other follow up questions! 

Here are a few of the links from the resource section of the presentation if anyone is interested!

For the visitor experience:

Web Content Accessibility Guidelines:

Learning More: