Side-quest adventuring 🗻

• 21 September 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2

Keeping with the playful and game-based nature of Goosechase, I have a fun question for folks in the Lounge! 🛋 In video games you’ve got your main quests that actively progress the story, but also side-quests that can enrich your experience (even if they don’t have any direct bearing on the main quests).

What side-quest(s) are you currently completing in your real life? 🎒

7 replies

Userlevel 2

Personally, I have to say my side quests this summer have mainly been playing pickleball and harvesting things from my garden (pumpkins and sunflowers are still around!) 🌻

As the weather gets cooler, I am considering an indoor side quest later in the fall: swing dancing lessons! 💃

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Great question @kvalkova! My side-quests tend to follow the interests of my two-year-old daughter Clara: gymnastics 🤸‍♂️ and swimming 🏊‍♂️ lessons. My somersault is getting pretty good!

Interested to hear what kinds of side quests @travisblunden @brubakers @Alexandra_g @krmarsh @Carrie Willis @JRErickson @MBFlatau @Erin @Mia @Lucas Mbiwe @Attila @Katie have been doing IRL! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Fun question! My side quest this summer was a bit of gardening (still very much on a quest for success there 😂) and finally getting into a healthy and sustainable workout routine 💪. As the months get colder, I’m excited to get back into my favourite side quest = snowboarding 🏂

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Great question, and love the terminology of a side quest! My side quest these days is running. I’ve completed a few half marathons the last couple years, but never the full. And I think next year I’m going to go for the full thing, but plenty of training to do to get there!

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I’ve yet to try pickleball, but this may be my sign to start. 🥒

I picked up a couple of side-quests this summer that have been super fun: pottery and pilates! Both get me moving and out of my head. Highly recommend them for your next indoor side-quest, @kvalkova :)

Userlevel 2

🪿 Honky Monday! (Taking the goose emoji for a spin on iOS)

These are all such great side quests: a very active gaggle around here! 😎

Here is an update on my pumpkin quest: the pumpkins got harvested and now adorn my front step. One got a bit nibbled and I suspect a neighbourhood squirrel 🐿️

Well, my main quest (question everything) takes up most of my time but i do get side "tracked" daily. So in response to that i have become friends with (trying too) a few local and out of town gang members that have recently been drawn or shall i dare to say particle accelerated towards me kinda like an unexpected head butt so that I can get a even deeper/higher understanding of how so many diverse communities are able to cohabitat together and the purpose each one ultimately is serving. I'm also dabbling a little into some secret societies that ive become aware of recently, making introductions mainly. #honorthyneighbor