Heading to the Michigan MACUL Educator Conference!...and Presenting!

• 5 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi all,

I am celebrating my 30th year as a teacher and my 22nd participant as either an attendee or presenter at Michigan’s annual MACUL educator conference. For those of you who love your job, and i hope you all do, a truly joyous experience is to attend a conference with peers who feel the same. Whenever i attend a conference, I feel like i could be in church. You know, just want to share the good news?

Early in my career, I was fearful of even the thought of presenting. A colleague of mine said, “You’ll be great. I’ll do it with you. It’ll be fun.” He was right. As soon as I focused on the sharing aspect of presenting, it was so satisfying. Being around other educators who get so excited about discovering new opportunities to improve their craft and their students’ learning experience is, well, exciting. It’s a win-win!

This year, I get to share presenting with people responsible for one of my favorite learning tools: GOOSECHASE! :-) I look forward to meeting @Alyshahn , @Craig Cordell in person. I look forward to sharing this tool with fellow Michigan educators and enjoying the engaging conversations that ensue when we all contemplate application ideas for innovative teaching tools.

Anyone else going to MACUL?

Regardless, make sure you go find and attend a state or local conference. They’re rejuvenating and empowering.

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am absolutely pumped to be attending and presenting alongside you @MrBentley! For those that are interested, this is the first time ever we’ll be teaming up to talk about the SAMR model and do an in session live Goosechase to show how education is evolving. 

Frankly, I’m most excited to meet all the cool people and teachers that will be at MACUL. If you’re there, come find me - I would LOVE to meet you.