Question

Suggestions for a Ed Leadership Conference?

• 31 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi All, 

I am running a goosechase at a conference that I am leading as part of my doctoral capstone project. There is not a lot of free time but I would like to do things that are fun but also aligned with the event itself.

I am thinking of tweeting or posting things.

Intorducing yourself to strangers

Find a faculty member for a picture? (They may hate me for that)

And other ideas?  Here is our schedule

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1j8DCgPknyvlwxj6PLiXUv1C35RCkMnEZVGAwT-mP7mY/edit

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi Jennifer! Lots of other educators have had missions where they list something they learned from one of the keynotes or other presentations they attended! 🙂

Userlevel 1
Badge

That is a great idea!

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi Jennifer! If there’s a photographer present, it could be fun to create a Mission where they have to find the photographer and get their photo taken - that way you’ve got smiling snaps of the attendees that you can share with them afterwards.

Some ideas for the “introduce yourself to strangers” Mission: find someone wearing the same colour shirt, someone from your city/state, etc!

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi Jennifer,

I have presented at MACUL (Michigan) several times. Here is the experience I have used:

https://gsch.se/game/52a504a9de9146af9b0322933335d886/copy/

Feel free to copy and personalize.

Following is a game that I created for a building level PD:

https://gsch.se/game/77b6b20f74234d0eb14c1dd6b0541d22/copy/

Again, feel free to copy and personalize.

Hope this helps,

Eric

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hello!

You could have QR Codes “hidden” throughout the conference that participants have to find, scan, and then answer mission question(s).  The QR codes can link to resources that go with the topics presented at the meeting.  This would provide the attendees with additional resources.  You can use an icon to tag the missions that relate to QR hidden codes. 

I usually print my QR codes and mount them on bright colored paper, so participants (students) can find them easier.  That also sets my QR codes apart from random ones around the building/campus.  The name of the mission can also provide a clue about where to look for the “hidden” code.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I love everyone’s ideas! My favs at conferences are the questions where it is not just a task to complete but something meaningful or reflective, that way it gives purpose to the Goosechase. Maybe things like...snap a pic in one of your sessions and share two things you learned, post a pic of notes you took from a session or from a presenters slidedeck...connect with someone new from the conference on social media and screenshot their profile. 

Badge +1

Jennifer,

I’ve run several experiences at conferences. Some ideas:

• If there are vendors for this conference, or sponsors of any type, see if they will be a mission for you with a clue word in order to encourage participants to visit them.
  • Photos with unique or iconic visuals - a mascot, an inspirational artwork, etc.
  • Text missions with their best memory of the day
  • A text mission about their biggest takeaway of the day
  • If there are ways to tell who is from your area, or your area of study, get a photo with someone who is/isn’t from the same one as you
  • Uploading images of tweets they’ve made with the conference hashtag helps the game and gets your name out there on Twitter, too win-win