Skip to main content

Does anyone out there celebrate International Dot Day at their school? If you are not familiar, International Dot Day, celebrated on September 15th(ish), is a global event inspired by Peter H. Reynolds' book The Dot. The day encourages creativity, courage, and collaboration by inviting people of all ages to make their mark and celebrate their unique talents and ideas. It's often observed in schools with art projects and activities that promote self-expression and confidence.

I am a huge Peter Reynolds fan, and I celebrate with my different classes with different Dot themed activities each year. One of my favorite activities is the Dot Day Goosechase that I do with my 1st graders. They explore the campus seeking out dots of different colors and sizes. The catch though, they only get points if they capture a dot that no one else did! This encourages creativity and makes for a fun competition. 

Here is a copy of my Goosechase if you would like to try it out! 
https://gsch.se/game/875f4d9e7af74fd39546e7e4e2372b5b/copy/

Love this!  Thanks!

For years, I used the app quiver to incorporate augmented reality. Moving to a new building this year, frankly, I lost track of time. Will definitely jump on the international dot day topic next week.

@MrBentley I do the Quiver app too! I that that with my K kids this year. Love Dot Day :) 

We celebrate International Dot Day as well! I love all these ideas! In the past, I’ve read The Dot to our students or sometimes listen to the read aloud then have student design their own “The Dot” bookmark in hopes of encouraging students to read! 📚