Question

Break Chase

• 9 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Good day all.

I am considering a Goosechase for any interested Elementary families for our 1 month Holiday Break. Has anyone had any success with such and endeavour? If yes, any interesting Mission ideas? For some context, our families travel the word during the break so their may be many interesting opportunities. 

Thank your for sharing any creative ideas.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Awesome use case @hopalu

Any goose ideas to share @MrBentley @Rlove2212 @swavelbr @CatRush @Carrie Willis?

Check out this discussion, too! 👇 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

What a fun idea @hopalu! I think it would be great to encourage photos/video from travel, but to also include a stay at home option as well for each mission. For example, “Take a photo of a recognizable landmark on your travels. Staying close to home? Create a replica of a famous landmark out of Legos, Playdoh or a building tool of your choice.” 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @hopalu 

i’m happy to brainstorm my ideas with you.

from this teachers perspective, the first thing I would ask is… What is your end goal? Is it to bring each individual family together to do something academically? Could you use the variety of submissions to meet a particular theme or academic goal at school? When I create a game, I consider both process and product. I also consider the ideas of formative and summative assessment. Forgive the vernacular, but is the learning occurring during the game or do the submissions show that previous learning has taken places.

I’m pleased that Goosechase changed the labels from games to experiences. There’s so much that can be done using this tool.

Let’s hear some lofty goals and maybe we can offer some creative and innovative ideas.