Solved

What is the mission count maximum?

• 20 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

My experience is fast approaching 400 missions. Is there a hard limit to the number of missions? Is there a point where the participants’ devices have trouble keeping up with the number of missions (performance-wise)?

icon

Best answer by EricGoosechase 20 March 2024, 16:38

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I’m interested in this question as well.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@NerdlandiaPDX @mktoronto - The technical limit for maximum number of missions in a single experience is 1500. So you’ve still got a long way to go if you’re only at 400!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

400 missions! That is impressive. If you aren’t already, I recommend using the script feature to automate and stagger the release of your missions. Depending on how you are setting up your Experience, this will help to not overwhelm participants with having that many missions available at once. You can read more on how to set up automations here: How do I use automations?

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Ally McD We’re using automations quite extensively. Many of these items are around time-linked events and are used to keep engagement high throughout.

In reality, we probably only have around 125 items, but many of them are broken into several parts. For example, an “item” might require participants to solve a puzzle at a specific location. In this case, I have one mission to guide them there and another to solve a puzzle. I have another “item” that requires participants to collect photos of Julie Andrew’s Favorite Things, with each of the 14 things listed in the song as its own mission. Still, other missions are assigned zero points and used as directions/headers for other “sub-items”

For the future, I’d be really interested in a “sub-mission” or “linked mission” feature, so that related missions can collapse into menus for larger experiences.

Thanks for all that you do. This is far and above better than any other option I’ve ever seen. I’m really excited to share this with my players.

Tim