Solved

Is there a way to text an experience/mission prior to our event?

• 20 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

“test”, not “text”

I’m trying to get a better idea of the user experience before the date of the actual event and I want to test many of the elements in advance so that the team is adequately prepared. Can I create a bunch of missions and do a “dress-rehearsal” with the team prior to the main event? Alternately, can I go “live” with a very limited number of people for testing, pause the experience, then resume for the real event later?

icon

Best answer by Amber 20 February 2024, 21:58

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I did a test before we launched ours, using the free version to have a few members of the team use it. I selected some sample missions and tested them out. I still had ended up missing out on a couple of components but it worked really well. I had to delete it after the test phase because when I would open Goosechase it would default to that experience rather than the active one!

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @NerdlandiaPDX, I would recommend duplicating your Experience to test it! Full instructions for launching a test-run Experience can be found here. By duplicating the Experience, you can test your Missions, script automations, and messaging all at once - exactly like how it would run on the day of your Experience! 

If you have purchased a single-experience license, mktoronto is right! Running your test on our free recreational license with a few members of your team is the way to go, and saves your upgrade for your event day. That is great advice 😊

If you have a subscription with us, you won’t need to worry about the upgrade being used but duplicating it would still be my recommendation for the other reasons I mentioned. 

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@NerdlandiaPDX, Nerdlandia looks really cool (our internal slack was nerding out on it)! If we can help in any way, let us know :) 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@NerdlandiaPDX, Nerdlandia looks really cool (our internal slack was nerding out on it)! If we can help in any way, let us know :) 

Thanks Andrew (and Mia)! We’re excited to have found such a platform and I’m ready to fully test its limits. Bringing joy, wonder, and excitement while (gently) trolling is my raison d'etre.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Thanks Andrew (and Mia)! We’re excited to have found such a platform and I’m ready to fully test its limits. Bringing joy, wonder, and excitement while (gently) trolling is my raison d'etre.

😂