Question

How do I add a link to a 3rd party for accepting payments for my ticketed event?

• 6 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone!  We are hosting a ticketed fundraising road rally in October and are new to GC.  The organization we are raising funds for will be accepting all payments received, through their website, for registration as well as accepting donations prior, during, and after the event. Is there anyone who can offer any suggestions on this topic?  Thanks in advance. 
Mary Beth and Dave

3 replies

Badge +1

Great Question! 

When creating any mission (photo/video, text, or GPS) there is an option to add a third-party link that players can click on and be taken to that website to perform an action. 

For example, let’s say you created a photo mission that said “Click on the link attached and upload a screenshot confirming you donated and receive extra points!”  The player can click on the website, make their donations, and then come back into the Goosechase app to continue playing/complete the mission by uploading their donation confirmation. 

We’ve also seen organizers create “Check-In” spots where the mission instructs players to go a find a specific person to physically make payments to and update their point status in the experience. 

Our Getting Started with Goosechase Guide is an excellent resource as you are building your test games! If you’d like to brainstorm ideas together or chat more you can schedule a Zoom call by clicking here.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Talk soon, 
Shara

From your answer provided I understand now that within the game we can add a third party link.  Thank you.   I guess my question should have been can we have a link FROM a 3rd party TO Goosechase?  We would like our teams to register using the hospital website (which is where the money raised from our experience will be going to) and then be directed through a link to Goosechase to set up their teams.  Is this possible?   Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello! At this time, direct Experience links are unavailable. You can provide links to the app stores, which would prompt participants to download the app. You can grab the Android link by clicking here and the Apple store link by clicking here

Your participants will still need to enter in your Experience join code or name to locate it and so you’ll want to make sure that the join information is available to them when they register on the hospital website.

You can also use our pre-made instructions to help get participants to your Experience!