Question

Create a Badge

• 26 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

I am curious to know if anyone has used GooseChase for earning badges in the classroom or with PD.

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I am a tech coach in our district and this year we are using it to guide our PD. We are using Thomas Murray’s Personal and Authentic book. Each month we focus on a different chapter and we put out challenges connected to the theme. The challenges are mix of teamwork, creativity, and thoughtful analysis of the book. Some of the chapters we run as individual competition and some are run as teams we found that by mixing it up, we get better results. we have also run sessions on tech tools or stem equipment and teachers who show up get a codeword that gives them a task completion aka points. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I have used Goosechase for professional development and for officer training in a student organization.  Just “gamifying” the training gave the material a fresh approach!

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I have created a variety of badges; however, I had not thought of one for Goosechase. I really like this idea and will begin thinking on this. Thanks for sharing!

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@JackieD Hello!  I am an Instructional Designer at Jacksonville University.  Using Goosechase to teach tech tools is a fantastic idea.  What tech tools did you highlight with Goosechase?  And how did you structure the missions?