*POSTPONED* Crafting an Accessible Culture, One Feather at a Time

• 13 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Let’s discuss how Museums can actively promote an accessible culture within their teams and exhibits. Discover how to leverage industry standards and accessibility principles to guide decision-making and go beyond mere compliance.

Join me, a passionate mobile engineer and accessibility advocate, alongside our Goosechase Community Manager, @Craig Cordell, on Wednesday, February 28th at 1 PM EST, for an engaging conversation on building an inclusive museum culture. Please take a moment to RSVP to our event!

Not sure where to start? Check out my blog article on how we’ve fostered a culture of accessibility at Goosechase.

Feel free to drop any questions or specific topics you’re curious about below.

See you soon!

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

This is going to be so great @Harmony! 👏 

What questions about accessibility do you have @jkaempfer @EleHein @maria_senditsocial @Grace Schmidt? 🤔 

Userlevel 2

I’m really looking forward to this next week! One of the trends that came up in a meeting recently of Chicago museum professionals was how often someone joins an organization with passion for access, starts a project, then, when they leave or are moved to a different part of the organization, that project goes stagnant. It’s frustrating because it feels like a waste of energy and resources, only for the intention of accessibility to never be realized enough to benefit those who need it. So many great initiatives are lost to burnout or lack of investment. 

The title “crafting an accessible culture, one feather at a time” is cool to me because the “one feather at a time” implies a planning process that builds a sustainable initiative that truly can embed itself into the overall culture! I cannot wait to see what topics are covered and what sustainable strategies may be touched upon!

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi everyone 👋 Unfortunately, we need to postpone our upcoming event. Don't worry, we're working hard to reschedule and will share the new date and time with you soon. Thanks for your understanding, and we can't wait to gather the flock together again.