Elevated team building

• 22 February 2023
  • 2 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies
Team Building

Some of my favourite team building activities from past companies, involved a few drinks, a fun activity and a great meal. For others, it’s breaking ourselves down or admitting to weaknesses and bonding over a teams shared strengths.

Whats your ideal mix for a team building event? How have you elevated those experiences using an interactive experience platform like Goosechase

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I teach driver’s ed / driver training. Very often, the class roster is made up of students from a variety of school districts which results in students not previously knowing their new classmates. As an experienced teacher, I know that nothing I attempt to teach will sink in if the students are distracted by who these other students are and how will I fit in.

Enter GooseChase!

I have them run down the hall to grab a clue card with a number on it. Returning to the classroom, they find a table full of colored puzzle pieces, each marked with a number. They grab up the colored puzzle piece with their corresponding number. They find the table that already has a puzzle piece of their color. After all students have found their table, they are to flip the pieces to find that, when assembled, the completed puzzle gives instructions on how to access Wifi, download Goosechase, find my game using code/password and creating a team of their own. From that, they have to complete 10 missions, (i.e. locating the meeting site for driving lessons (GPS), take a team photo, write their names in a creative way, fill out a record sheet needed later, etc.). These types of physical, social, verbal, creative, gross and fine motor activities distract kids from previous anxiety. It also acquaints themselves with at least 2 other students in a non-confrontational way. 

If you would like to see my experience, which by the way is ever-changing, you can find it here:

https://gsch.se/game/6f19ab589cb14cce912b393ca5fa984f/copy/

Best wishes,

Eric Bentley

@MrBentley This is really cool! Thanks for sharing! Would you be willing to share this “officially” to our Template Library? 

You can submit it quite easily via this link - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfnAIEg_-yjDyxTSWvJgoQ9a7tjaGDHA5v4sLqHXGN9D3Ydrg/viewform?usp=sf_link

You’ll get all the credit and an opportunity to explain the methods to you goosey-madness!