Solved

Alternate leaderboard formats

• 26 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Up to this point, Goosechase experiences have only had one leaderboard configuration that ranks the players from highest to lowest score, active as soon as the experience is started. As Goosechase creators have expanded their use of the platform beyond only that of classic “scavenger hunt’ experiences, we occasionally hear of creators wanting to use other leaderboard configurations as well. 

I’m curious about which of the ideas we’ve heard are the most popular among our community of creators. Please respond in the poll below to tell us about the types of leaderboards you could have found useful for a previous experience you created. Then, comment to tell us about the types of experiences you would have enabled with the alternate leaderboard configuration, or suggest other leaderboard configurations not included as one of our options that you might have found useful!

icon

Best answer by CatRush 1 February 2023, 18:39

View original

What leaderboard configurations, other than “highest point total to lowest” have you wanted to use in a previous Goosechase you created?.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

In higher education, I am trying to use hunts as alternative assignments.  Leaderboards can be challenging for professors, especially if grades are associated with the hunt.  The option to have % completed instead of points would allow students to track where they are in the hunt.  They are going to complete the entire hunt, but it may be helpful to use it like a progress bar.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

In higher education, I am trying to use hunts as alternative assignments.  Leaderboards can be challenging for professors, especially if grades are associated with the hunt.  The option to have % completed instead of points would allow students to track where they are in the hunt.  They are going to complete the entire hunt, but it may be helpful to use it like a progress bar.

This is extremely useful to know, thanks for sharing @CatRush !

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Up to this point, Goosechase experiences have only had one leaderboard configuration that ranks the players from highest to lowest score, active as soon as the experience is started. As Goosechase creators have expanded their use of the platform beyond only that of classic “scavenger hunt’ experiences, we occasionally hear of creators wanting to use other leaderboard configurations as well. 

I’m curious about which of the ideas we’ve heard are the most popular among our community of creators. Please respond in the poll below to tell us about the types of leaderboards you could have found useful for a previous experience you created. Then, comment to tell us about the types of experiences you would have enabled with the alternate leaderboard configuration, or suggest other leaderboard configurations not included as one of our options that you might have found useful!

It would be great to have the flexibility to choose any of the Leaderboard options you have listed.  Different situations / events may warrant different types of leaderboards.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I do like the idea of a leaderboard of % missions completed. Not sure how much I would you it.