Question

Family Introduction

• 13 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to use Goosechase all year to increase family engagement and encourage students to practice/extend their learning outside of the classroom with their families.  Has anyone created a welcome letter to share with parents about using Goosechase? 

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

💡 Great question @Rlove2212!

Any interesting ideas to share? @MrBentley @Carrie Willis @amyturn @krmarsh @slschmeck 

Userlevel 1

We rolled it out during a family night. Each family received a bag of books with an attached tag on how to participate. Then during the presentations, we built missions around the books for families to participate in while under the guidance of staff members. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I am trying to use Goosechase all year to increase family engagement and encourage students to practice/extend their learning outside of the classroom with their families.  Has anyone created a welcome letter to share with parents about using Goosechase? 

I have not.

During Covid, I sent out a school-wide notification with a link to a YouTube video that introduced my game and how to play it. I found I received more “views” and responses when the “letter” was clickable.

Userlevel 1

It would be great if Goosechase could produce a “parent video” explaining what GoosechaseEdu is all about and it’s benefits. I came on here to find that. Something from the company would be super helpful. :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

It would be great if Goosechase could produce a “parent video” explaining what GoosechaseEdu is all about and it’s benefits. I came on here to find that. Something from the company would be super helpful. :)

What questions would you want to be answered by a parent video that aren’t already addressed in their general promotion video? Whenever creating videos with an intended audience, I first identify what questions I want answered.

Badge +1

We are always happy to work together and help create resources for your classroom! We don’t have a “parent video” but something we can look into for future marketing! 

We do have this video talking about Goosechase EDU: 

Our K-12 EDU Blog also has some great content to explore!

Let me know if you have any additional questions or want to jump on a Zoom call! You can schedule a time to chat using this link: https://calendly.com/shara-goosechase/edu30mins

Cheers,

Shara
EDU Account Manager